Free design software that can run in a Chromebook browser makes it easier than ever to dive into the world of teaching 3D modeling in the classroom! You can be an expert in teaching 3D modeling with just a bit of practice! As long as you have internet-connected devices, all middle school STEM programs can include 3D design (and hopefully printing!). But even without a 3D printer, there is a lot of learning that can happen with screenshots.
Go to the course here.
Outline of Included Lessons
What is included in the free lesson plans:
Section 1: Getting Familiar (each lesson includes an in-depth video explanation)
- Getting Started and Controls
- Using the Workplane
- Grouping, solids, holes and color
- Other collections and Shape Generators
- Tools: Align, Flip, and Snap Grid
- Cool tool: Duplicate
- Practice and More Practice
Section 2: Teaching 3D modeling (each lesson includes a video explanation)
- Lesson Sequences
- Student Handouts (Both filled in and not filled in)
- Design Criteria for First Projects
- Turning in Projects
- Common Student Issues and FAQ
- Extra Resources
What is Puzzle Shift Create all about?
The goal is to help students become creators of any type and to develop a middle school course, named Innovative Arts, which gives kids the support and resources that they need to get started creating.